Sit back, relax, and let the creativity come to you.
Join us for a Beginners Pottery Workshop, where we will introduce you to the wonderful world of Pottery, in the comfort of your own home.
Pottery is a very soothing activity as it allows us to reconnect with our mind and body. It awakens our creativity and helps us to stay present and, in the moment, so that we can unwind, relax and forget all our worries.
You will learn:
- About the ceramics process
- About the different stages of clay
- Basic hand-building techniques
- How to decorate your ceramics using tools
- How to manipulate and join/attach clay
What it includes:
- We will bring all the materials and tools to you
- 3 hour private, fully guided, step-by-step session on basic hand building techniques
- All the clay for the session
- Making 2 - 3 x Ceramic pieces
- 2 x Firings
- Glazing in a lovely shiny transparent glaze
- All pottery tools, decorating tools, equipment and aprons to use on the day
Note: Travel is charged separately based on your desired location.
Who can attend:
- Children: 7 years and up
- No pottery experience required
Place: Your home or venue of your choice. The class is fully mobile, and we will come to your home or venue of your choice, to run the workshop.
Date and Time: Let us know your preferred date and times and will pencil you in.
Cost: R950 per person
Types of occasions: They are perfect for special occasions such as birthdays, bridal showers, anniversaries, date-nights, girls’ night-in or as a team building activity.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Have a deeper understanding as well as love and appreciation for pottery
- Have learnt basic hand building techniques
- Feel relaxed and restored from disconnecting and being creative
T’s & C’s:
- Workshops will be given to a minimum of 2 people and maximum of 6 people.
- Strict COVID protocols will be followed during the workshop. Social distancing and sanitization measures will be in place. Masks will be worn during the workshop.
- We will try our utmost to ensure the success of your finished pots. Clay is, however, a complicated material and sometimes things can go wrong which is out of our control. Should anything happen to your pot during the process, we will let you know.