ORDERS PLACED AFTER 1 DEC 2021 WILL BE COMPLETED AFTER 10 JAN 2022
Sit back, relax, and let the creativity come to you.
Join us for a Beginners Pottery Workshop, where we will introduce you to the wonderful world of Pottery, in the comfort of your own home.
Pottery is a very soothing activity as it allows us to reconnect with our mind and body. It awakens our creativity and helps us to stay present and, in the moment, so that we can unwind, relax and forget all our worries.
You will learn:
- About the ceramics process
- About the different stages of clay
- Basic hand-building techniques
- How to decorate your ceramics using tools
- How to manipulate and join/attach clay
What it includes:
- 3 hour private, fully guided, step-by-step session on basic hand building techniques
- All the clay for the session
- Making 2 - 3 x Ceramic pieces
- 2 x Firings
- Glazing in a colour of your choice from our glaze selection
- All pottery tools, decorating tools, equipment and aprons to use on the day
- Travel costs within 10km from our Sandown Studio, JHB, to the venue of your choice
Note: Travel of 10km from our Sandown Studio, JHB, is included in the workshop cost. For any distance further than this, travel will be charged separately.
Who can attend:
- Children: 7 years and up
- No pottery experience required
Place: Your home or venue of your choice. The class is fully mobile, and we will come to your home or venue of your choice, to run the workshop.
Date and Time: Let us know your preferred date and times and will can pencil you in.
Cost: R850 per person
Types of occasions: They are perfect for special occasions such as birthdays, bridal showers, anniversaries, date-nights or girls’ night-in.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Have a deeper understanding as well as love and appreciation for pottery
- Have learnt basic hand building techniques
- Feel relaxed and restored from disconnecting and being creative
T’s & C’s:
- Workshops will be given to a minimum of 2 people and maximum of 6 people.
- Mobile Workshops will be provided within 10km from our studio. Should your home or venue be further than this, travel costs will be charged separately.
- Strict COVID protocols will be followed during the workshop. Social distancing and sanitization measures will be in place. Masks will be worn during the workshop.
- We will try our utmost to ensure the success of your finished pots. Clay is, however, a complicated material and sometimes things can go wrong which is out of our control. Should anything happen to your pot during the process, we will let you know.